Civil Society Organizations of West Africa (CSO), have participated in the Preparatory meeting organized by REPAOC with the support of West Africa Institute (WAI) and WACSI, this 28th of January 2016 in Praia (Cabo Verde), following issues related to governance, organization and coordination of activities of West African networks and bordering mainly on:
- weakness of institutional structures ;
- weakness of financial and technical capacities;
- weakness of internal governance system;
- incapacity to act intelligently and to mobilize resources necessary for the implementation of joint projects
- absence of an effective, sustainable and periodic dialogue framework to establish a common advocacy programs;
In order to encourage dialogue, promote the harmonization of proposals and activities, deepen institutional cooperation and increase valuable contributions of civil society organizations through creative initiatives;
To organize a major regional consultation so as to adopt common strategies of development, evaluate and put in place an annual and collective commitment framework with the ultimate goal of influencing policies of regional institutions of West Africa (UEMOA and ECOWAS).
This regional consultation will take place from 27th to 29th of June 2016, in Lomé (Togo) and will gather participants from major networks of West African civil society networks.
Done in Praia, 28th of January, 2016.
Have signed in Praia: WACSOF, WAWA, OSCAF, POSCAO-AC, REPAOC anwd WAI